Apache 2.0.47-10 and FC1

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Jul 18 23:33:54 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 19.07.2004 schrieb Mike um 0:32:

You missed two important security updates of your Apache2 on FC1.

> I am having a heck of a time getting apache to run CGI scripts. In the
> browser I get an "Internal Server Error" in my logs I'm getting
> "Premature end of script".  In my httpd.conf I have user and grou =

That error message in the error_log can mean everything.

> apache. The apache user and group, at the moment, have all permissions
> granted to them for my cgi-bin folder. I have the cgi-bin folder aliased
> as follows:
>
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"

That line is by default active in the httpd.conf (line 577).

The script has "chmod 755"?

> I can run the script from the command line just fine. I've double and
> tripled checked the interpreter path "/usr/bin/perl". Everything I can
> find on the web says it's good. Any ideas?

It seems there is an error in your script. Without seeing the code it is
hard to give a specific answer. Review your code, strip down to
essentials, use debugging commenting output.

> Mike

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.uml
Serendipity 01:27:39 up 5:07, 9 users, 0.82, 0.53, 0.51