OpenSSL/SSH 0.9.7d for FC2

Charles Heselton charles.heselton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 01:27:46 UTC 2004

Has anyone successfully built/installed OpenSSL/SSH 0.9.7d for FC2?

I found a link that 1) was in French and 2) exhibited the same issues
I'm having, so it was much help for a resolution.

Anyhow, it appears that the RPM builds fine when I do:

rpmbuild -ta openssl-0.9.7d.tar.gz

But then when I install it I get all of the dependency failures.  The
'--force' option doesn't work, and there doesn't seem to be anything
in the 'yum' updates.

I'd rather not uninstall of the dependent packages, then reinstall
them.  But I'd like to update the package to fix the security hole.

Any guidance or direction would be appreciated.

--
Charlie Heselton
Network Security Engineer