Wireless Optical Mouse Doesn't Track

Roger Finks rcflinux at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 19 10:18:43 UTC 2004

I've been having a fit with my Logitech MX700 Cordless Optical mouse
running through a Linksys KVM switch. It doesn't track correctly, jumps
around wildly opening windows at will. My exact equipment setup has
worked with all versions of FC1 and with FC2 2.6.5-1.358. It stopped
working with kernnel 2.6.5-1.435. Error message in /var/dmesg:

psmouse.c : ExplorerMouse at isa0060/seriol/input0 lost synchronization,
throwing 2 bytes away.

I've tried several different configurations for /etc/X11/xorg.conf found
in the archives. All others with this same error message seem to start
working okay and then at some point stop tracking. Mine never tracks
from the start. I've also tried Ctrl+Alt+F8 and then Alt + F7 or Ctrl +
Alt + F7 all to no avail.

A regular 2 button PS/2 mouse works.

xorg.conf as configured during install:
Section "Input Device"
 Driver  "mouse"
 Option  "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
 Option  "Device"   "/dev/psaux"
 Option  "ZAxis Mapping" "4 5"
 Option  "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
End Section

I've tried changing to Protocol = ExplorerPS/2 with Buttons = "7" and
ZAxis Mapping = "6 7" but didn't work.

Thanks
--
Roger Finks <rcflinux at earthlink.net>