[JPackage-discuss] JPackage, FC2, and up2date -- Oh my!

Carwyn Edwards carwyn at carwyn.com
Mon Jul 19 15:26:12 UTC 2004

Ian Pilcher wrote:

> Now that I've finished and added the Fedora Core channels back to
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources, up2date wants to "upgrade" several of the
> JPackage RPMS (jaf, javamail, and mx4j) to the FC2 versions of those
> packages.
>
> Does anyone know a way around this?

You need to use a rather long excludes line in yum or similar "pinning"
type features of other package managers to prevent packages being pulled
from the core repositories and breaking your nice JPackage setup.

e.g.:

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
exclude=ant,ant-optional,junit, etc. etc.

(Remember to add the line to the Fedora Updates repository entry too)

Carwyn