FC1, yum dead, using synaptic

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 19 22:07:53 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 03:31:26AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I've still got the python hiccups so yum is still dead.  I'm hoping a
> new mobo, memory etc will fix the python problems.  But thats later
> this week before it all gets here.

Personally I think FC2 would solve all your yum problems. It did
for me. It picks your mirror for you, and except when the servers
are really loaded it just works. I know there are probably good
reasons you want to stick with FC1, though.

> I'd also like to add livna if that wouldn't clash with freshrpms.

Fedora.us and Livna go together. Livna and Freshrpms have been known
to clash.