RC fails now - working on resolution

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 20 01:03:09 UTC 2004

D. D. Brierton wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 03:47, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>On 07/18/2004 11:08:20 AM, D. D. Brierton wrote:
>>
>>>http://open-carpet.org/services/livna/serviceinfo.xml
>>
>>I could add the url minus the serviceinfo.xml portion. Sinc I am
>>currently on FC3T1, no version was know.
>>
>>I get this error when trying to add this channel.
>>
>>Unable to mount service for 'http://open-carpet.org/services/livna/':
>>Unable to determine distribution type
>>
>>(fault -617)
>

> That's because livna is not supporting FC3test1, as I presume most third
> party repositories are not. In general, you shouldn't expect any of this
> stuff to work with third party repositories with a non-official release
> of FC. Does yum work with third party repositories and FC3test1?
>
> Best, Darren

Livna, Fedora Extras and other repositories work fine through up2date as
the installer/ dep resolver.

I only installed the k3b-mp3 module (i think the correct module name)
from Fedora Extras to test out what up2date would pull in from the
Fedora Extras repository. It completed successfully.

About rc, I only wanted to test the dep solver out. The discussions
regarding the channel info made me curious to test out.

I didn't expect this link to work with a test release running.

I'm still in test release mode, so I don't know if this will work
properly in FC2. I think that it will work alright.

Thanks,

Jim

  20:53:47 up 2 days,  1:56, 12 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.27, 0.24
and no troubles related to stability for FC3T1. I only had to take two
pauses. One was because of a t-storm coming. The other was to test out
some X on initial start issues.