Oddities w/ Sound, Video Effects FC2 -- mobo-related??

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Tue Jul 20 04:18:10 UTC 2004

Bob Chiodini wrote:

> As to the sound coming from your desktop speakers, try lowering the gain
> of the speaker in your mixer.

That seemed to have fixed it! I have no idea *which* one it was, though
:-( I simply backed all of them down a bit from 100%.

> For the screen saver:  In the advanced tab, what is fade to black set
> to?  I have it checked, and antspotlight, as well as the other desktop
> grabbing screen savers work.  It might be that I am using the ATI
> proprietary driver.
>
> Bob...

That may be the issue -- I'm running the ATI Radeon 7000 driver that
came out of the box. The GLFlux(grab) screensaver actually is able to
grab the desktop image, but others are not able to do so.

In the meantime, I'll simply select another of the screensavers.

Thank you again for the help with the system bell issue!

Clint