Gaim Upload

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Jul 20 05:32:33 UTC 2004

On 14:26 18 Jul 2004, Tim Raats <vectrox at home.nl> wrote:
| Op zo 18-07-2004, om 12:37 +0100 uur schreef Roger Beever:
| > i can't address the actual
|
| I have a Broadbandt cable connection. Normally when I upload to FTPs my
| upload is about 64kb/s (512 kB/s). But when I send a file with gaim to a
| friend I only have 6 kb/s (48 kB/s). And my question was if it was
| possible to increase the uploadspeed in gaim to +- 64 kb/s (512 kB/s)

You have your abbreviations swapped; "b" is bits and "B" is bytes.
I'm not disputing your numbers, btw, just the notation.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Relativism is sort of the philosophical equivalent of masturbation: most
people admit to it, the others are lying (if only to themselves).
        - S. Baum <skb3832 at zeus.tamu.edu>