port 25 refuesed

Ed Gurski ed at gurski.com
Tue Jul 20 11:47:48 UTC 2004

> On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 01:06 -0700, Thornton wrote:
>
> > Is this for a server or for home? If its for home your ISP may be
> > blocking port 25.

I've run across this problem also and have written a Howto on the Fedora
forum. This is the link
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19306

There is a list of ISP's that are currently blocking port 25 (found in
the above thread). Sometimes ISP's will start blocking port 25 without
even announcing to their subscribers (my ISP implemented this last
week). Some are also allowing port 225 as an alternative, but you need
to check with them....

Ed