Gnome - Session start-up

Sylvain Raybaud sraybaud at free.fr
Tue Jul 20 15:12:53 UTC 2004

you should use mplayer (if installed; otherwise, I strongly suggest you install it from www.mplayerhq.hu because a lot of multimedia applications use it); the syntax will be : mplayer /path/to/your_song.wav
if you really don't want to install mplayer, you could also try about the same syntax with xmms or any player you can think of, but I cannot guarantee it will work, especially because xmms will probably try to open a window, which you don't want.