e1000 module configuration

Yang Xiao yxiao2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 19:12:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:39:24 +0200, Alexander Dalloz
<alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Am Di, den 20.07.2004 schrieb Yang Xiao um 20:18:
>
> > I want to force my intel e1000 to run at 100/full, and I think it can
> > be done with a module configuration in the modules.conf file, but how
> > do I find out what it is?
>
> > Yang
>
> options e1000 Duplex=2 Speed=100
>
> (see: modinfo e1000)
>
> Are you sure you have to force the settings? Normally autonegotiation
> should work proper.
>
> Alexander

well they don't, and, the card I need to adjust is actually a e100 and
doesn't support the options. Where else can I force it to run at
100/full if the module doesn't have option? maybe I can put the
ethtool commands in the rc script, but it's not pretty.

Yang