Webmail. Which package do you like? Anything out there with better interface than Squirrelmail?

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 20:52:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:59:43 -0500, Chris Barnes <chris-barnes at tamu.edu> wrote:
> Apollo at Carmel Music & Entertainment <lists at carmelme.com> wrote:
> > I have been using IMP (from http://horde.org), I have tried before
> > Squirrelmail (but the interface is super ugly). Do I have any other
> > options? Horde/IMP webmail is pain in the rear to configure, buggy
> > too.
> >
> > What else is out there?
>
> I've used both Horde and Squirrelmail.  You've already dis'd my favorite
> (squirrelmail).

IMP is pretty but the page sizes are huge -- on a slow cable/DSL link,
it's painful... on dial-up it's practically unusable!  Squirrelmail
isn't as pretty but it's much lighter-weight and really has a lot of
good functionality under the hood (plugins and such).  My vote is also
for Squirrelmail.

--
Ben Steeves
            ben.steeves at gmail.com