graphics failure...

Iron Golem roboticgolem at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 00:50:30 UTC 2004

Please tell me I'm not the only one having a problem
with linux on a Tyan Tiger MPX S2466.  I had an old
2460 (MP) and it burned out so I opted for the 2466 in
the hopes of putting a couple of 2800+'s in it.  Long
story short...

Whenever fedoracore (1 or 2) fires up the graphics
card, it locks or reboots the system.  No kernel panic
no seg fault, just strait halts the system.  I've
tried it with 3 different graphics cards and 2
different powersupplies.  I figured it had to be the
board, however, the system works flawlessly in windows
xp.  (bleh)  I dont know what to do, I cant find
anything about it anywhere.

Thanks,
Matt