Ethernet card does not work with FC2

Alberto M R Davila amrdavila at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 10:39:14 UTC 2004

Hi,

Good and bad to know I am not alone ! ;-)

I just checked my /etc/sysconfig/hwconf:

class: NETWORK
bus: PCI
detached: 0
device: eth0
driver: e100
desc: "Intel Corp.|82801BA/BAM/CA/CAM Ethernet Controller"
network.hwaddr: 00:00:39:DE:29:3F
vendorId: 8086
deviceId: 2449
subVendorId: 8086
subDeviceId: 3013
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  2
pcidev:  8
pcifn:  0
-

-
class: NETWORK
bus: PCMCIA
detached: 96
device: eth1
driver: orinoco_cs
desc: "Intersil PRISM2 11 Mbps Wireless Adapter"
vendorId: 0156
deviceId: 0002
function: 0
slot: 0

Again apparently looks OK, unless the real experts let me know about any
problems.

I am missing my FC1 now, without eth0 up and working I cannot do my stuff.

Thanks for any further tips you may send.

Cheers, Alberto