Ethernet card does not work with FC2

Andrea Marin amarin at mr-service.it
Wed Jul 21 10:47:14 UTC 2004

Hi Alberto,

you can configure all your network-interface in
/etc/sysconfig/network-script.

In this folder probably you will find more file for more
networks-interface that your system have.
For configure the eth0 interface you must edit the file "ifcfg-eth0" and
in this file you can write all your option

this is an example:

# Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]|SiS900 PCI Fast Ethernet
DEVICE=eth0                      //This is the name
BOOTPROTO=static           //This is the boot protocol static/dhcp
BROADCAST=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX       //IP addr
HWADDR=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX        //IP addr
IPADDR=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX          //IP addr
NETMASK=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX         //IP addr
NETWORK=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX         //IP addr
ONBOOT=yes                      //if is activate on boot or not
TYPE=Ethernet                   //type of the layer 2 protocol

Bye Andrea