Ethernet card does not work with FC2

Alberto M R Davila amrdavila at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 11:14:25 UTC 2004

Thanks Andrea,

My "ifcfg-eth0" is like this:

# Intel Corp.|82801BA/BAM/CA/CAM Ethernet Controller
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
HWADDR=00:00:39:DE:29:3F
IPADDR=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=no
GATEWAY=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.
IPV6INIT=no

When I "ping" to a machine in the intranet I got this:

[root at tryps network-scripts]# ping LOCAL.MACHINE
PING LOCAL.MACHINE (LOCAL.MACHINE) 56(84) bytes of data.
>From  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX icmp_seq=0 Destination Host Unreachable
>From  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
>From  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
>From  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable
>From  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX icmp_seq=4 Destination Host Unreachable
>From  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX icmp_seq=5 Destination Host Unreachable
>From  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX icmp_seq=6 Destination Host Unreachable
>From  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX icmp_seq=7 Destination Host Unreachable
>From  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX icmp_seq=8 Destination Host Unreachable

--- LOCAL.MACHINE ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 0 received, +9 errors, 100% packet loss, time
8998ms
, pipe 5:

In other words, it is not working yet :-(

Any further tips ?

Thanks, Alberto