Laptop Touchpad issue

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 21 12:25:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 07:35 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> AdabalaP at schneider.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do i make my Laptop's touchpad work under "Fedora Core 2", I have a
> > Compaq Presario 1277. It used to work under "Red Hat 9.0"
> >
> > Thanks.
> adding the below to the end of the kernel line in grub works for my
> laptop and several others,
>
> psmouse.proto=imps

I didn't need to do this on my laptop; I simply changed the Mouse
section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf to use device /dev/input/mice, with
protocol ExplorerPS/2 (IMPS2 also works). Now my touchpad and any USB
mouse I plug in will both work, since /dev/input/mice is like a
combination of all available mice (you could use individual mice with /
dev/input/mouseX).