Receiving Mail to ROOT User

Gordon Keehn gordonkeehn at netzero.net
Wed Jul 21 13:29:51 UTC 2004

    With earlier (i.e. Redhat 9 and prior) releases I was able to
process root's mail in the Netscape/Mozilla client, setting the server
address to localhost.  Since upgrading to Fedora Core 1 and now 2, that
doesn't seem to be working any more.  The client is continuously
"Connecting to localhost".  I don't recall having to start any kind of
mail server before, but it has been a while and my memory is
increasingly dusty.  Can anyone tell me how to get root's mail without
actually logging in to the root ID and using "mail"?
    Thanks,
Gordon Keehn