Upper size limit on RAID for FC2?

Philip MacMenamin pm66 at nyu.edu
Wed Jul 21 16:24:45 UTC 2004

Hi,
We have a server (dual Opteron), running Fedora Core2, with 12*250G SATA
drives (3T raw), on a 3Ware 8506 Escalade 12 port RAID card. We want to run
this in a RAID 5 configuration.

My question is: is there any upper limit on amount of hard drive FC2 linux
can address? If so, what is this limit / is it less than 3T.

I am aware that 3Ware states that there is a 2T limit for any physical or
logical unit for an array, which may be circumvented by making it into two
arrays, each 1.5Tb raw, or something :)

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
Philip.
--
Philip MacMenamin
Center for Comparative Functional Genomics