Network install impossible due to missing driver

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Wed Jul 21 18:26:37 UTC 2004

Hi guys,

I am trying to run a network installation on a relatively new machine.
The board has an integrated network adaptor that is not recognized by FC1
(it finds that there is one, but doesn't have a driver). So when I try to do
an "askmethod" install and choose HTTP as source, it asks for a driver.
All I have is a tar.bz2 driver that contains sources which need to be
compiled, so I guess that one is out of the question.

Is there anything else I could do besides a) installing from CD or b) put in
an older network interface that FC1 will recognize?

I was thinking about maybe getting a new version of the installer that maybe
has new drivers added - if there is one available.

Thanks,

MARK