sendmail issue.

Jonathan T. Steadman fedoracore at stny.rr.com
Wed Jul 21 19:51:04 UTC 2004

I have an issue with sendmail, it works great on my computer, but if I
got to another computer I can not get SMTP to work on my network or
remotely, but pop3 does work, only on my network, (for this I am using
dovecot, and have ssl enabled), my question is I guess what do I do to
enable sendmail remotely, I guess with newer versions they have this
disabled because of spam by default, I also want to be able to require
password for outgoing mail as well as incoming to help prevent the spam
issue.(is this a dovecot thing?)