FC2 install problems - 2 parts

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Wed Jul 21 21:20:19 UTC 2004

> Are you sure you are not out of disk space?
>
> I would also run fsck on all the partitions on the system.  I
> have seen
> installs fail due to partitions with problems.  (Marked as bad.)

Hm, I have a brand new 250 Gig HD disk in there. Doing plain vanilla FC2
installation with auto-partitioning. I don't install any of the x
components, sources, etc. All I have is the basic system text-based internet
clients and the config tools - not even samba or a web server...

FC1 installs fine on this machine with this hard disk (just did it this
morning), so I doubt that it's the disk...
Are there any other parameters I could try?