FC2 and Xcdroast/cdrecord

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Wed Jul 21 23:33:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 16:56, J.L. Coenders wrote:
> Hi,
> I am experiencing problems with FC2 and cdrecord/Xcdroast. On both my
> computers Xcdroast is whining about scsi-emulation and is not working
> properly. On one machine it even locks up the entire machine ! So I want to
> try installing scsi-emulation, but I cannot find a clear explanantion how.
> Or if any of you has an idea what to do, please tell me because now I cannot
> backup my computer, which at the moment is quite important.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Jeroen

With FC2 it is not recommended you use ide-scsi.  The ability to use the
ide interface directly is there and recommended.

If the complaints by xcdroast are a problem then try using k3b instead.

I hate change, but switched from xcdroast (which I have used for years)
to k3b because it seems easier and certainly does as good a job.  I have
also used xcdroast under FC2 but did not like the complaints either.