how to check my current X11 version

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 22 00:41:37 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 09:42:36AM -0500, Mingzhai Sun wrote:

>  I am wondering how to check my current X11 version?

The man page for X tells me:
 X       The X.Org Foundation requests that the following names be used
 X       when referring to this software:
 X                                         X
 X                                  X Window System
 X                                   X Version 11
 X                            X Window System, Version 11
 X                                        X11
 X      X Window System is a trademark of The Open Group.

Now is that what your really want to know?

The X Window System is a complex set of functions
and libraries.

The X window system has function calls for the presence
of various functions and versioning that programmers can use.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	/dev/dull where insight begins.