Graphical boot gone awry

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at cox.net
Thu Jul 22 01:49:31 UTC 2004

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The problem is just with the
grphical boot. X works fine after the machine boots up. I recently
installed FC2 on a spare partition to give it a try. It booted with the
"graphical" boot, showing a splash screen during much of the boot
process. That made me remember that my FC1 also had a graphical boot
originally. Somehow I lost the splash screen at some point, only getting
a blank screen with the X-Windows X cursor in the middle. I'm pretty
sure it's a problem with rhgb. I suspect rhgb has lost contact with some
configuration file. However, I cannot find much information on rhgb,
such as what configuration files it tries to access. I'm hoping someone
can give me some hints in that direction.

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson