Leadtek WinFAst TV2000 Deluxe - no sound.

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 11:42:38 UTC 2004

--- Bob Chiodini <chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov> wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 06:24, Mick Mearns wrote:
> > Hello List;
> >   I have the above card and cannot get any sound under Linux.
> > I used "Linux Help - Corey's TvTuner Guide.html" to get the card to
> > work.
> > Now its showing video fine, the radio runes fine - but no sound
> from
> > either.
> >
> > Both the TV and the radio work under WinXP - so the hardware is ok.
> > I have tries "xawtv" and "tvtime"
> >

> Mick,
>
> Do other sounds work?
>
> Try running alsamixer and verify that the line input is unmuted.
>
> Bob...

Hey Bob;
  yes other sounds work fine, xine/kaffeine/mplayer.

I ran alsamixer in a root xterm.
These are the Line and Line-In entries:

[AlsaMixer v1.0.5 (Press Escape to quit)]
 Card: NVidia nForce2

 Chip: Realtek ALC650 rev 3

 Item: Line   (Line is at 100%)

Item: Line-In As Surround   (is blank - and cannot be changed not
muted)

Other mixers:
[root at athlon root]# ls /usr/bin/*mix*
/usr/bin/alsamixer  /usr/bin/dump-mixers  /usr/bin/ppmmix
/usr/bin/xaumix
/usr/bin/amixer     /usr/bin/kmix         /usr/bin/pvfmix
/usr/bin/aumix      /usr/bin/kmixctrl     /usr/bin/soxmix

kmixctrl fails to run (from a root xterm):
[root at athlon root]# kmixctrl
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
[root at athlon root]# Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 7160, errno = 0

(No sound was being used at the time.)

thanks
  Mick M.

=====
Dogs have Masters - Siamese Cats have Staff!