[FC1], 2.6.8-rc2 kernel, new motherboard problems

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jul 22 12:49:10 UTC 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 06:52, Gene Heskett wrote:
[...]
>>Let me know, I'm still Curious.
>>
>>Joebewan

[...]

Update, X-Posted to lkml too, I followed the US link from the
TW site, and it had different versions of these files. I stuck
the 2 newest ones from the US site on a floppy and it all worked.

Now I have from "lspci -vvv|grep -A10 Ethernet" which I think is
the same as the previous listing:

00:04.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Ethernet Controller (rev a1)
        Subsystem: Biostar Microtech Int'l Corp: Unknown device 2301
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-

However, this, nor the xconfig helps, still don't indicate which
driver I should be using, or where to get it if its not in the
kernel's tree yet a/o 2.6.8-rc2.  So thats the next piece of data I need.

And I haven't attempted to dismantle it to see the MAC address yet.
At nearly 70, sitting tailor fashion on the floor for extended periods
isn't nearly as comfortable as it once was :-)  Which is what that
dismantle will require, the tower its in is trapped under a homemade
desk by some steel bracing I put in when I made it 15 years ago...
But, one could probably rebuild a nearly half ton mopar 392 hemi-head
on it too :-)

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.