Firstboot problem

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 22 16:09:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 11:36, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have found a problem with firstboot and that is this.
> My client as clever as all clients can be, for some really wierd reason,
> when the firstboot screen starts, instead of clicking next they hit he
> power switch.
> On reboot the machine starts the chkdisk but instead of starting it in
> the graphical loader it starts it on the first terminal (ctrl-alt-f1)
> and whether you actually press Y to check the disk or not, the screen
> stays on f1 instead of switching back to f8 so how do I make the chkdisk
> run in the graphical boot loader?
> to prevent this?

I think application of the 2x4 adjustment tool is called for.  :)

This has happened more than once?  With the same user?

Once chkdisk has run is it doing this on subsequent restarts?  Or are
you getting ID 10T errors every time?

I am not sure if chkdisk runs in the graphical boot loader.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

It is better to kiss an avocado than to get in a fight with an aardvark.