VisualStudio.NET + wine

Bruno Santos bvsantos at hal.min-saude.pt
Thu Jul 22 16:18:00 UTC 2004

PFJ wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using the current version of wine on the laptop and am trying to
>install VisualStudio.NET (don't ask - it's for work) on my linux laptop.
>
>All I'm getting is an error that the installer cannot install D:W to my
>temp directory (which is set as c:\\temp). Do I need to get WineX to
>install VS.NET or is there a howto somewhere which can help. Google
>isn't being very much use on this today (or I'm searching for it
>incorrectly)
>
>TTFN
>
>Paul

Hello. Can you try to edit your wine configuration file and try to find
anything that is associated with D: ..
otherwise, try to run the installer using the wine debug option for
other informations u might find relevant.

finaly, try to use Codeweavers CrossOffice, insted of WineX, cause its
usualy for games !!

Cheers

Bruno Santos

bvsantos at hal.min-saude.pt