Printing to a Windows print server with Samba

A. Lanza alf at lanza-ti.com
Fri Jul 23 07:13:53 UTC 2004

Hi,

all printers in my network are connected to machines running Windows and
i have no local printer connected to my Linux box.

I know that this can be accomplished by using Samba. I have Samba
services running on my PC and i'm able to connect to some network file
shares on Windows computers, but i cannot get to print on those servers.

I've tried to use the FC2 printer config. utility to connect to a
network printer using SMB protocol. But with no success :(

Can anyone give some advice?

Thanks a lot,

AL