Installing on Dell D600 Latitude -

Rafiq_Maniar at Dell.com Rafiq_Maniar at Dell.com
Fri Jul 23 09:48:10 UTC 2004

According to:
http://hardware.redhat.com/hcl/?pagename=details&hid=5510

The D600 is Certified to work perfectly with Redhat Enterprise Linux 3
(and by logical conclusion, it will also work on Fedora).

What issues are you having with the video drivers?

The video card is an ATI Mobile Radeon 9000, which is automatically
detected OK during installation of Fedora Core 2 - I've just tested it
here. X seems to work fine.

Maybe you could elaborate on your problem? Having you got a working X
system and want to install additional drivers? i.e. like nvidia's
proprietary drivers... I don't know if theres an ATI equivalent. Or is X
just not starting at all? In which case, is this occuring during
or after installation? And what version of Fedora are you using then?

Thanks,
Rafiq