ATI 8500 3D - Take 2

Piotr Gajewski gajos at plusnet.pl
Fri Jul 23 16:28:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 04:55, Max K-A wrote:

> > I have an ATI 8500LE.  I tried to follow the instructions at
> > http://www.fedorafaq.org/#radeon.  [snip]
> >
> > Anyone have any thoughts?
> >
> > I feel like I'm really close, and I really want to play Vega Strike :-)
>
> 	:-) Hey -- did you try the instructions before or after the most recent
> update (a few days ago)? There's actually a new patch linked in there,
> and some more instructions. Try those out, and let me know if they work.
> If they don't work, email me directly at max {at} fedorafaq DOT org and
> I'll work it out with ya.

At first i did like ati's site told and ... x starts but i still don't
have gl support. So i uninstalled drivers (--erase --nodeps) and...

I did like it's written in above link.
Results?

[root at insane build_mod]# sh make.sh
ATI module generator V 2.0
==========================
initializing...
Error:
XFree86 drm includes at
/lib/modules/2.6.6-1.435.2.3smp/build/include/../drivers/char/drm do not
fit this driver.
This driver is designed to only work with X4.1.0 or higher.
You can match this by getting Linux kernel 2.4.8 or higher.
[root at insane build_mod]#

The same i get when i did it without any patch.
Point 7 on http://www.fedorafaq.org/#radeon do not make any
difference...
 Any clue?
One thing - my card is FireGL X-1, but it doesn't make any difference (i
think...).
--
Greetings,
gajos