ClamAV worry (was Pesky Virus)

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Fri Jul 23 17:04:35 UTC 2004

I installed ClamAV 0.72 through yum (it was the only one I could find in
rpm form for Fedora Core.)  I went through the steps in the
RPM-clamav.txt file.  The last step says to test clamAv's functionality
by running the command:

/usr/bin/clamdscan -r /usr/share/doc/clamav-0.72

I did so.  It gave me this output:

/usr/share/doc/clamav-0.72/test/test: ClamAV-Test-Signature FOUND
/usr/share/doc/clamav-0.72/test/test-zip-noext: ClamAV-Test-Signature FOUND
/usr/share/doc/clamav-0.72/test/test.bz2: ClamAV-Test-Signature FOUND
/usr/share/doc/clamav-0.72/test/test.msc: ClamAV-Test-Signature FOUND
/usr/share/doc/clamav-0.72/test/test.zip: ClamAV-Test-Signature FOUND
/usr/share/doc/clamav-0.72/.RPM-clamav.txt.swp: Unable to open file or directory. ERROR
/usr/share/doc/clamav-0.72: OK