POP3 Server....

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jul 23 18:06:21 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 23.07.2004 schrieb James Marcinek um 19:52:

> Any pro's/cons to these. Is dovecot similar (in the manner which it
> stores emails) to the previous imapd? I'm using the cyrus-imapd for
> OpenGroupware and would lose some functionality if I used something
> like the old wu-imapd...

> James

dovecot is able to use mbox as well as maildir format. So if coming from
uw-imapd dovecot is the best choice. If you like and need the power and
advanced features of cyrus-imapd - and you have the knowledge and skill
to administer that peace of mailserver software - choose that one. That
when upgrading FC1 to FC2 the cyrus-imapd is installed is an accident by
the system. As with a fresh new install uw-imapd should be exchanged by
dovecot.

Alexander

P.S. Please post plain text mails to this list James, no html formatted
stuff. It even triggers the SPAM detection by the Redhat mail system, as
you can easily see from your mail headers:

HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG, MIME_HTML_NO_CHARSET, MIME_HTML_ONLY,
RATWARE_HASH_2,      RATWARE_HASH_2_V2

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.ad.umlsmp
Serendipity 20:01:19 up 1 day, 4:49, load average: 0.19, 0.25, 0.27