README: Current Fedora Core 2 Problems & Solutions/Helpful Links

Lisa (TheAverageJane) melgil88 at optonline.net
Sat Jul 24 14:09:24 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 09:40, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Lisa (TheAverageJane) wrote:
>
> ... 10K worth of snipped stuff ...
>
> is there a point to the occasional posting of a bunch of (admittedly
> perhaps useful but) unsolicited advice?  particularly when it contains
> clearly broken links like:

Thank you for pointing that out, as I've been posting this for, yes,
almost 2 months and it's been missed by me and others. It will be fixed
in the next posting, if there is one.

:snip:

As for the rest of your post, I see you must have missed when I asked if
perhaps something like this would be helpful because of all the repeat
questions to this list, especially by newbies.  I solicited opinions and
it was determined that the users of this list would find it useful.
>From the archives:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-June/msg01590.html

:snip:

> how about: don't post lengthy answers to unasked questions.  if you've
> got this much to say, get a web page, ok?

Well, I'm hoping that the questions that have been answered by this
weekly post are just that..unasked. That's it's purpose, to let people
know where to find common things so they don't ask it here over and over
and over.

:snip:

I am always open to suggestions, and yours has been noted. If other
folks find this listing an annoyance and think that it's useful no
longer, then of course, I will stop posting it.  Speak up, folks!

--Lisa