Laptop not sending monitor signal

Doug Coats dcoats at heritagemail.org
Sat Jul 24 15:24:19 UTC 2004

Here is the solution to my dilema in case someone else needs this.

The function keys worked to send the signal to the video projector unless I
was in X.

I removed the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
Then I ran "setup" and the xconfigurator while the I was projecting.

This allowed X to configure with the video projector.  I rebooted and now it
works.

Thansk again.