Open ports on FC2

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Sat Jul 24 20:03:55 UTC 2004

On Saturday 24 July 2004 3:56 pm, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Though running nmap on localhost  is not that much reliable.
> Better nmap from outside to get results like any other from
> outside would see.

I think the problem on running 'nmap localhost" is that it will ALSO list
those services that are listening on the LOOPBACK intreface, thus you get a
kind of "false positive".  I don't know if there's an option to avoid
this..or perhaps running nmap with your external ip address?

I always like to check with ShieldsUP...