the registry

Micheal sundance at sundanceloki.com
Sat Jul 24 23:27:28 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 18:16, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 19:08, Micheal wrote:
>
> > IANAP, but I would think that a front end configuration manager would
> > not be an altogether bad idea.  Something that has a friendly regedt32
> > interface to all the config files in /etc and elsewhere.  That way you
> > are not putting all of your eggs in one basket, as windows does with the
> > registry, but you have an easier front end for editing and backing up
> > individual files.
> >

> > Just my ramblings
>
> You mean like YAST?
> --
> Scot L. Harris
> webid at cfl.rr.com
>
> The streets were dark with something more than night.
> 		-- Raymond Chandler

ROFL, exactly, but maybe programmed to be useful.

Sorry but running a SUSE 8.2 box I find getting anything done with YAST
a nightmare. Especially when you consider I did an FTP install.  I'm
thinking more like an explorer or nautilius type interface. A one click
window to all the config files.

Again, just my thoughts

Micheal