Running two copies of apache

Doug Maurer doug at dmaurer.net
Sun Jul 25 13:19:55 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 09:02, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>     Ted> On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 11:04 +0100, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
>     >> What tasks need to be done to get a second copy of apache
>     >> running on a bog-standard FC2 system?  -- Colin Paul Adams
>     >> Preston Lancashire
>     >>
>     >>
>     Ted> 1) Why do you need 2 copies?  Virtual server is what you may
>
> I don't have enough domain names or IP addresses left.

I think you might have everyone confused.. at least I am.. with virtual
servers, you can tell the dns servers to point your domain names to one
IP and apache will know which domain is being asked for and send back
the appropriate site pages being requested.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html

--
Doug Maurer
doug at dmaurer.net