Test with Chkrootkit

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jul 25 15:43:04 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 11:36, Norman Nunn wrote:
> In checking the chkrootkit website, I noticed that chkrootkit had not
> been tested (or completed testing) with the 2.6 kernel.  Is it reliable
> for FC2?  I have some indicator that may prompt me to do a fresh
> reinstall and would appreciate input before I go to that effort.
> Clamscan did not pickup anything for me.
>
> Norm

What is the indication you are getting?

Is it processes that appear to be hidden?

I believe that is a known issue.  If you investigate further I believe
those processes are fine.  chkrootkit does need to be updated/modified
to correctly identify those processes.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Nothing is more admirable than the fortitude with which millionaires
tolerate the disadvantages of their wealth.
		-- Nero Wolfe