Suggestion for addition of packages

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sun Jul 25 16:34:50 UTC 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:22:59 +0530, Adayapalam Appaiah Kumaraswamy wrote:

> Hello Fedora users!
>
> I was wondering whether there is a way to make suggestions to the Fedora
> package maintainers for addition of packages, since Fedora is a
> community supported initiative.

A community project works best, when people from the community maintain
the package themselves and team up with users who take over the testing
and communication with the upstream project, so package submission and QA
policies are a hurdle which is easy to take.  It doesn't hurt to submit a
package request at http://bugzilla.fedora.us (when its downtime is
over!). But there is no guarantee that a packager steps up and maintains
an arbitrary package. It would certainly be better if somebody has created
a package already--e.g. sometimes the upstream project provides
distribution-specific packages--and interested users push it through a
submission process.