README: Current Fedora Core 2 Problems & Solutions/Helpful Links

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jul 25 16:43:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 07:29, RoboticGolem wrote:
> You know, I signed up on this list and I was expecting quite a few
> email.  I got a lot more then I was expecting, but I used to be a
> member of the mopar mailing list, and they got 300-500 emails a day.
> I mean, I'd not check my email for a weekend and have almost 4000
> emails to go through sometimes.  That was extreame.  I like this list
> because if I know something I can email the person and help them.  I'm
> hardly a guru at linux but I'm versed enough to make it work.
>
> <rant>
> ...then of course I buy this sweet new mpx board for my dual MP1800+s
> and then I get it all installed and fire it up and find out its not
> compatable with my current video card, so I go out and get a new one.
> Pretty nice, kind of a fix untill I can get the money for a nice one.
> THEN I re-install FC2, its just nice to have a fresh install with a
> new setup.  *shrug* but everytime it initilizes the graphics card, it
> locks up the machine.  As long as I run at level 3 its fine.  I can do
> ANYTHING I want, cruz the net check my email burn cd's (shoot, I can
> even watch dvd's using aaxine) however, anytime I try and startx, the
> hole system goes to pot and locks up.  So now I'm stuck using XP as my
> primary os and I dont even like it.  I cant find anyone else with this
> problem, and I cant find anyone who knows anything about it.  I'm
> currently talking to the engineer that developed the chipset on my
> board to see if he knows anything about it.  I dont even know what to
> do at this point.  *ARGH*
>
> </rant>
-----
interesting rant

now mine

<rant>
People who steal other threads

People who ask questions that provide absolutely no details about the
hardware they are using (video card) even though it would appear that
the hardware configuration is the problem.

People that give no indication of the logs that they have looked at for
clues to their problems (/var/log/Xorg.0.log or /var/log/messages or
/var/log/dmesg)

People thoroughly unfamiliar with

</rant>

Craig