Installing RPM s in Gnome Nautilus

Keith ac7xc-lnx at wvi.com
Sun Jul 25 23:09:25 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 14:27, Tore Frederiksen wrote:
> Hey..
>
> Ive just startet using fedora.. but when i try to install RPM software the
> computer is asking me what software i would like to use to open the RPM
> files.. i dont now what to say.. i dont know what the RPM installler is
> called in fedora.. please help me...
>
> KR Tore Frederiksen

 Whenever you have question include the distro name and number
and where is the error message occurring Command Line, GUI/ X in KDE,
TWM or Gnome.

 I am going to assume that you are using Nautilus, the file browser in
Gnome.
1. Right-click the rpm you want to install.
2. Select Open With -> application
3. A box containing the options for the applications will be displayed
press the modify button and set up 'install applications' as visible
in the Open With category.
4. Now close the modify box and select the rpm you want to install
right-click the file then select Open With -> Install Applications

 From the command line, in X/KDE/Gnome use the terminal item when you
right click any place on the desktop, you can use:

1. To install
rpm -ivh filename.i386.rpm

2. to update use
rpm -Uvh filename.i386.rpm

3, to remove a rpm
rpm e rpmname

4. What packages are installed from the command line terminal?
rpm -qa |sort >rpm.txt && gedit rpm.txt &