Looking for information about Red Hat Linux Project histoy

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Mon Jul 26 05:12:55 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 23:32, Thijs Hulshof wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm investigating some things around the Fedora Project, and I'd like
> to have some more information about the Red Hat Linux Project (the
> project merged with the Fedora Linux Project). Not the Red Hat Linux
> distribution, but the Red Hat Linux Project.
>
> Who can help me ?
>
> - Thijs

AFAIK, the RHLP only existed for about a month or two (at least external
to Red Hat) before it was decided to merge with the Fedora Linux
project. The first public announcement of a change of direction with RHL
to become a more open project rather than product was with the "Severn"
beta 9.093 I'd say.

See the Severn announcement:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2003-July/msg00000.html
First mention of merge with Fedora Linux:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2003-September/msg00137.html
The RHL distribution history might also be interesting along with many
other pages on the Fedora Project site:
http://fedora.redhat.com/about/history/

Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.