Can't disable/ignore AGPGART - display unreadable

Whil Hentzen linuxnews at hentzenwerke.com
Mon Jul 26 06:43:41 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

Installing FC2 on a Dell PowerEdge; after reboot getting the AGPGART error
that's been reported in a few other messages. The result is a display that is
refreshing at an odd rate and is unreasonable.

The messages on this list all say that you can just ignore the  messages. When
I do, however, the display is blurry and I can't continue. I'm using a
'generic monitor' at 8x6.

How can I disable or otherwise get X to ignore this error AND be able to read
the monitor in X?

Thanks,
--
Whil

Moving to Linux: Freedom, Choice, Security, Opportunity
http://www.hentzenwerke.com