Error in installing Putty and JDK

Charles Heselton charles.heselton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 07:51:10 UTC 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:18:56 -0500 (CDT), Neshat Afroz
<afroz at cse.uta.edu> wrote:
> Hi
> I tried installing putty (putty-0.54-1.1.fc2.dag.i386.rpm) and it gave me
> error "can't create transaction lock".
> And in case of JDk I was able to install it properly and everything went
> fine still it is unable to do javac... and even if i do it from the bin
> folder of jdk it shows the same error i.e. command not found.
>
> Neshat
>
> --

Not really sure what the purpose of putting PuTTy on an *nix system
is, but to each his own I guess.

Anyhow, on the JDK, make sure that the bin directory is in your path.
Also, when running FROM the bin directory make sure you're using the
dot slash:

./javac /home/user/myJavaFile.java

HTH

--