Wireless connects/nothing gets to internet

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 26 12:54:21 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 00:29, Scott Fones wrote:
> Thanks for the reply!  That seems to have been atleast some of the problem.
> My resolv.conf file had 192.168.1.1 so I assumed I assumed it should be
> 192.168.0.1, the routers address.  After changing that, Gaim and a few other
> net programs work, but all browsers, yum and a few other apps still say they
> can't find webpages.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Your resolv.conf should point to your DNS servers not your router.
(Unless it acts as you LANs DNS server, which I doubt.)

Sounds like you have Windows running.  If so when you boot into Windows
run:

ipconfig /all

In the list of information will be the DNS servers that you are using
under windows.

Those IP addresses are what you need in your resolv.conf file under
Linux.

Once you have those set you should be good to go.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

How many priests are needed for a Boston Mass?