Web Browsers

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 26 13:06:27 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 04:52, david wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Is there any way to disable all browsers in linux so that they cant
> access
> the internet via the network???
>

> We are using a router but linux has so many browsers that it by passes
> the
> proxy server that I hav set using squid.
>

> Any help very appreciated
> david

No need to disable browsers.

What you need to do is setup a rule on your sites firewall that http
traffic can only come from your proxy.  This how most sites enforce the
use of a proxy.

So any requests to port 80 or 443 (I think that is the one for https)
will be blocked unless the senders IP address is your proxy server.

All other requests to those ports either needs to be dropped or
redirected to the proxy server.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then
you clearly don't understand the situation.