problems getting updates for Fedora Core 2

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Jul 26 13:16:42 UTC 2004

http://fedora.quicknet.nl/fedora/fedora/2/i386/yum/stable/headers/header.info
>   Executing failover method
> retrygrab() failed for:

Can you actually reach this site with your browser?
I had this error once because I had http_proxy defined
as an environment variable.

But yum error messages are really bad.
What is a "failover method"?
Is there a word "failover" in English?
(Webster's Dictionary doesn't know of it.)

I guess you could try "yum -d 3 update" or some number instead of 3.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366