Can squid block out certain websites?

netmask netmask at enZotech.net
Mon Jul 26 16:47:38 UTC 2004

Hi David,

It's pretty easy, check out:

acl naughty url-regex "/usr/local/squid/naughty"
http_access deny naughty

and in that file, put in: (Im sure you want to do this to block people from
reading biased news sources.. :P )

www.cnn.com
www.foxnews.com

This method you cann also block specific words from URL's.. doesnt have to be
a complete url.. you could just add 'sex' and any URL with sex in it, would be
blocked.

Make sure your http_access deny naughty comes before and http_access allow all
type of line.

--
netmask